Our Response to Climate Change
The global response to combating Climate Change will define the 21st Century and will continue to have effects far beyond.
Climate change will impact many aspects of our lives and reshape our economy, so here at TIL, we need to lead the way by continually improving our way of working regarding sustainability.
Changing Our Fuel Consumption
• A 10% reduction of LPG
• Further research into less carbon intensive fuels
• 2% reduction in total 1,2,3 Mandatory Emissions
• 5% reduction in air travel
Monitoring our Driver Behaviour
• Investigate behavior that lead to an increased fuel usage and integral
• Enhanced monitoring and maintenance of trucks
• Implement enhanced monitoring and maintenance program for plants and equipment that uses LPG
• Implementation of low resistance tyres
• Investigate new tools to capture energy and carbon output
• Better use of communication technologies with clients
Our Carbon Reduction Plan
Monitoring our emissions is a vital component of achieving carbon efficiency and sustainable development, which in turn will enable the development of strategies and the implementation of reduction projects.
TIL Logistics Group will move towards determining its minimum carbon reduction commitments and these targets will be developed to be in line with New Zealand’s national reduction targets; so far as is reasonably practical we will endeavor to exceed those targets.
At present, TIL have a three key initiatives we aim to achieve to begin our journey of reducing our carbon footprint: changing our fuel consumption, monitoring driver behavior and using new technologies to our advantage.